Come Work with the Franciscan Friars of the Holy Spirit
Purpose and Scope
To support the Franciscan Friars of the Holy Spirit (FHS) in their mission, this position performs administrative and clerical duties and assists FHS with clerical work and administrative detail pertinent to the Formation, Evangelization and Ministry of the Franciscan Friars of the Holy Spirit.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides support to the FHS Community Servant.
- Provides support to other FHS Friars as needed
- Provides support to the FHS Development Office, Vocation Office and Formation Team
- Collaborates with assistants to plan and execute events and programs.
- Attends meetings as directed.
- Performs administrative tasks including, but not limited to maintaining calendars, word processing, transcribing minutes and filing.
- Responsible for phone coverage for the office and ensures all calls are answered in a professional and confidential manner.
- Helps review and proofread correspondence, reports and documents from the Office.
- Tracks and reports on all invoices, codes invoices for payment, prepares credit card statements and mileage reimbursements and tracks expenditures versus budget.
- Works in collaboration with other administrative staff with regards to meeting setup, which could include registration, making copies, name tags and take down of meetings.
- Helps to maintain an inventory of office supplies and printed materials and assures that adequate supplies are on hand.
- Other tasks as assigned by the FHS Community Servant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must have the ability to work well with others in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism in interaction with volunteers, donors and other employees.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work effectively.
- Basic accounting skills needed, ability to work with Quickbooks preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of and the ability to utilize professional, courteous telephone techniques.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must have a high-level of knowledge of secretarial, clerical and administrative procedures, including working knowledge of accounting practices.
- Ability to proofread documents; knowledge of proper use of English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Working Knowledge of Office Software: Microsoft Office, Access, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in web page maintenance.
- Active practicing Roman Catholic who is in full communion with the Church.
- Able to articulate a clear understanding of the Catholic faith and to serve as a committed witness to its mission.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Vocational training in office procedures including computer applications.